Who We Are
For years, we were known fondly as Bowers Harbor Inn. In spring 2010, we officially reopened as Mission Table at Bowers Harbor Inn. We still hold true to the basic ideology that made us one of Michigan’s most highly regarded culinary destinations for decades, but have focused and renewed our vows to our valued patrons:
- With an awareness of our place in the community of the Old Mission Peninsula and Northern Michigan, we — the owners, chef and staff — take our inspiration from the land and waters that surround us
- Our menu features the best ingredients available from local farms and fishermen, using the freshest products, honoring the seasons and supporting the agricultural economy of the region. These foods are used in ways both innovative and traditional to bring out their unique essences. Garnish and presentation are always secondary to flavor and quality
- Wine, beer and spirits are focused on local growers, brewers, vintners and distillers. Our wine list reflects our unique and fortunate place in the heart of Northern Michigan wine country
- Service reflects the generosity of the land and the casual cheerfulness of the local people. Our service staff is chosen for their passion to serve others, and remembers that gathering at the table with family and friends is a central human experience. We believe that, rather than being separate from kitchen operations, service is the final part in the natural sequence from farm to harvest to kitchen to table
- The atmosphere is warm and inviting, a place where our guests can relax and feel welcome. A meal might include a breeze off the bay, a great sunset or a glowing fireplace, but it is always a genuine Old Mission experience
With our recent substantial renovation — and the addition of other facilities at the complex — we’ve reinvented ourselves and recreated the pure epicurean experience.